- Serving Size: 2.7g /cup
- Steeping Temp: 100°C
- Steeping Time: 5 mins.
- Certification: Organic
- Origin: S. Africa
- Caffeine: Caffeine Free
This exquisite tea from the Cyclopia plant of the coastal regions of the Cape Provinces of South-Africa is smooth, sweet, and fruity. Naturally caffeine free and very low in tannins, this fragrant tea is great for all ages. It is also high in antioxidants, vitamin C, potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
Story, Folklore, History...
Health Benefits of Honeybush TeaPlease consult a health care practitioner such as a Naturopathic Doctor (ND) for more specific information about the health benefits of honeybush tea. The following is just a brief overview and should not be taken as a substitute to professional health advice.
- Very soothing and calms the central nervous system.
- Eases constipation.
- Can be applied topically to skin irritations.
- High levels of anti-oxidants.
- Contains polyphenols that boost the immune system.
- Rich in minerals such as iron, potassium, calcium, copper, zinc, magnesium, manganese, and sodium.
- If brewed or boiled for longer than 10 mins., the antioxidant activity becomes much higher.
Tasting NotesCertification: Organic
Aroma: Woodsy, roasted honey
Infusion Aroma: Woodsy, honey
Infusion Color: Deep Amber
Base flavor: Slightly fruity, honey
Infusion Strength: Medium
Have you tried Honey Bush? Tell us what you think!
I bought a small amount of this tea to try and it is not really to my taste. It is not bad, I will use all that I bought, but I do not expect to buy it again. To me, the best description is “woodsy”, I really do not pick up a “honey” flavour. I add honey as a sweetener which makes the tea drinkable. I expect some people will really like this tea, it is just not for me.
Submitted by Linda in Nepean