Organic desiccated shredded coconut, fine cut, without added sugar, flavor or sulfates. Desiccated coconut is simply fresh coconut meat that has been grated and dried. It's amazing in raw chocolate or energy bars. It can be used in cakes or pie crust recipes, as a breadcrumb replacer, added to hot cereals or granolas. Try blending it into smoothies or making a homemade coconut milk. Simply blend coconut and added water together then strain by squeezing it through a cheesecloth. It's delicious!
|Serving Size: 2.5g /cup
|Caffeine: Naturally caffeine-free
|Grade or Quality: Desiccated Fine Coconut
Kid's favourite cookies
100g all purpose flour
100g shredded desiccated coconut or 60g shredded desiccated coconut and 40g sunflower seeds
100g rolled oats or quick oats
100g butter or coconut oil
2 Tbsp golden syrop or honey
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the flour, sugar, oats and coconut (or coconut and sunflower seeds) in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
3. Put butter and golden syrup (or honey) in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until butter has melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
4. Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water and immediately stir into the melted butter mixture.
5. Add the butter mixture to the well and stir everything together until combined.
6. Roll round tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on prepared sheets, 2-inches apart. Flatten the balls slightly.
7. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.